Dear Members and Guests,
Angeles National Golf Club has reopened limited golf operations as of Tuesday, May 19th, 2020. The safety of our members, guests and staff remains our number one priority. To that end, we have initiated the procedures listed below in order to abide by the required mandates as specified by all pertinent agencies surrounding safely reopening our business.
If for any reason you feel that you are not able to comply with any of our procedures and guidelines, we sincerely ask that you do not book a tee time or visit the golf course. Anyone found not to be in compliance will be asked to leave the property immediately without a refund. We have a 48 hours cancellation policy. Please make sure to send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a cancellation. The request must be received more than 48 hours prior to your reserved tee time for a refund, otherwise the fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please note that although we will make every effort to ensure the safest experience possible by eliminating common touch-points, frequently disinfecting multiple areas and enforcing social distancing guidelines, all members and guests who choose to visit Angeles National Golf Club do so at their own risk. Face covering is required to enter the property.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle aches, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or loss of smell, please stay home and do not visit the club. Symptoms check will be conducted at the main gate prior to entering the property.
The main gate will open 10 min before the first tee time. To maintain the physical distancing at the check-in station, please do not enter to the property earlier than 10 minutes of your reserved tee time to avoid crowd at the check-in counter area.
For those who booked a tee time and would like to warm -up at the driving range before your tee time may enter to the property 30 minutes prior to the reserved tee time.
Access to the driving range from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily is reserved for only golfers who purchased prepaid tee time. For public access to the driving range starts at 9 a.m. (Driving Range is closed on Monday for public access due to maintenance).
Please maintain the pace of play. The golfers are expected to complete the round within 4 hours and 10 minutes.
Due to the scheduled maintenance, please tee off on time.
Pro shop is now open for limited hours. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, maximum capacity is 3 people in the shop. Please keep a safe distance at all times. You may be asked to wait for your entry to the shop. All calls will be transferred to the call center; however, we encourage you to send email to: email@example.com if you need assistance for your existing reservation (again, please send the cancellation request 48 hour prior to your reserved tee time for a refund). A Live-Chat is available 24/7. Please click “Chat Now” to book tee time or ask questions. (You will see a pop-up “Chat” box in the right below corner in PC device).
New Operating Procedures & Guidelines
- All reservations must be booked and prepaid in advance. Walk-ons will not be accepted. Reservations can be made through our website, through GolfNow or through our call center.
- Tee times will be limited from opening to approximately 2:00 pm daily.
- Access to the property will be limited to those with prepaid tee times only.
- Reservations can only be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Cancellations or adjustments to tee times must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance. A live chat is available on the website. Additionally, cancellations and adjustments can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made within the 48 hour window will not be granted.
- Single rider carts will be issued for all players.
- Players residing in the same household may share a cart.
- Walking will not be permitted.
- Spectators will not be permitted.
- All carts will be thoroughly disinfected between uses.
- PLEASE NOTE, it is the responsibility of the individual booking and prepaying the reservation to communicate these new procedures to all the playing partners in their group prior to their arrival at the club to ensure their compliance.
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time. You may arrive up to 30 minutes prior if you have a tee time and warm-up at the Driving Range before your round. You are required to have the reservation confirmation at Check-In.
- Face coverings are required at all time when on property. Make sure to wear your face covering when entering the property.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all time. Golfers must maintain a minimum distance of six feet from others when on the property.
- Markings will be placed on the ground in locations where any line may form.
- Golfers may not congregate, eat or drink within proximity of the Clubhouse.
- The Golf Shop, the Clubhouse (with the exception of the downstairs restrooms) and the Restaurant will remain closed to public entry.
- A maximum of one golfer at a time may enter the restroom.
- The Driving Range will be accessible for those that have tee time reservations. You may purchase range balls at the machine with a credit card upon arrival. However, you will not be granted access more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time. Please check-in 10 minutes prior to your tee time after you warm-up at the driving range. Golf cart will not be issued prior to your tee time check-in.
- Public access for the Range will be limited to Tuesday through Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm with the last bucket sold at 3 pm. Shuttle service will not be provided to and from the Driving Range for those coming just to practice. Outside (personal) balls are not allowed at the driving range. Driving range is reserved for the customers who purchased range ball bucket only.
- To abide by the safety protocols issued by the LA County authorities, the Practice Green at the Driving Range, the Members’ Practice Green, and the Putting Green located in front of the Golf Shop will remain closed until further notice.
- For your well-being and our staff, we are suspending assistance with bag drop and club cleaning before and/or after your round. Each golfer must manage their own golf bag and belongings.
- Wait for our Host to send you and/or your group to the starting tee. Only one group at a time will be permitted to wait on the starting tee. When on the course, wait for the group ahead of you to leave the tee box before pulling up to the next tee. There should never be more than 1 group on any tee box.
- Do not remove the flagsticks from the cup when putting. The cups will be adjusted such that your ball will not fall to the bottom of the cup and allow for easy retrieval of your ball without touching the cup or the flagstick.
- Scorecards and pencils will be issued upon request at our outdoor check-in. Please take both your scorecard and pencil with you at the completion of your round.
- Rakes have been removed from all bunkers until further notice. If your ball enters a bunker, give yourself a good lie. Please attempt to smooth out the surface you affect with your foot to the best of your ability when exiting the bunker.
- Sand bottles will not be provided on golf carts until further notice. Our maintenance crew will be filling divots daily.
- Coolers will be removed from all carts until further notice.
- All bag racks, club and shoe cleaning stations, ball washers and water stations on the course or around the Clubhouse will not be available.
- Rental clubs will no longer be available until further notice.
- The locker room is closed, as is the clubhouse for any and all Member access.
- The Snack Bar is open with a limited menu for to-go orders only. and also carries limited Golf Shop Inventory such as hats, balls, gloves, sunscreen, etc.
- All tables and chairs around the Snack Bar will be removed. Your food and drink must be taken with you onto the course or to-go.
- After the completion of your round, we kindly request that you return your cart to the cart barn and remove all the trash from your cart.
- Wash your hands immediately following your round and leave the property in a timely manner.
Thank you in advance for practicing safety protocols and your cooperation and assisting us in creating the safest experience possible for both you and our staff. We hope you enjoy your round!
From our superintendent:
Welcome to Angeles National Golf Club.
We are a non-overseeded hybrid Bermudagrass golf course. Our fairways and rough are considered warm season turf and will go dormant (turn brown) during the months of November through March.
Bermudagrass thrives in our climate and has many positive attributes. It is very drought tolerant, withstands high heat, many different soil and water types and it also holds up to high volumes of cart and foot traffic thus, making it a very desirable turf type for golf courses in our region.
Unfortunately, Bermudagrass goes dormant in winter months. The environmental trigger for this event is reduced daylight hours combined with average air and soil temperatures dipping well below 70 degrees and remaining there for an extended period of time. This cycle is very similar to our deciduous trees in our neighborhoods. Fall arrives, leaves on the trees change color, fall to the ground, thus entering their dormant period. Soon after, spring arrives, trees leaf out and the cycle continues.
Our golf course environment is constantly evolving.
We hope this better helps our valued guest to understand our winter conditions here at Angeles National.
Welcome back and enjoy your round.
About the Club …
Nestled at the base of the Angeles National Forest and the only Nicklaus Design golf course in Los Angeles County, Angeles National Golf Club sets the standard of excellence and beauty for all golf courses in Southern California.
Angeles National features an 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course with magnificent views, generous fairways and immaculate emerald greens. The course presents a challenge for golfers of all skill levels with four sets of tees accommodating both the professional and beginner golfer. The course was ranked by Travel + Leisure Golf magazine as One of the Top 30 Best New Courses Worldwide and One of the Top Ten Best New Public/Resort courses in the U.S.
The Spanish mission style clubhouse serves as an inviting retreat featuring an array of amenities including a restaurant, bar, banquet facilities, event lawn, golf pro shop and snack bar.
We invite you to visit Angeles National Golf Club to enjoy its breathtaking scenery, challenging design and outstanding customer service reflecting cherished rural seclusion minutes from the heart of downtown Los Angeles.
What People are Saying
“This is a great course, a hidden gem for LA golfers.”
– Will Ferrell, Actor
“The newest jewel east of the 405.”
– Don Cheadle, Academy Award Nominee
“It’s hard to find something I don’t like about Angeles National. From the practice facilities to the immaculate fairways, beautifully kept greens and most professional staff out there.”
– Tony Dovolani, Dancing with the Stars Champion – Season 15
“Come out to the best golf course in the Los Angeles area and experience first hand the great golf that everyone is talking about.”
– Tom Addis III, Past President, PGA of America
“Great practice facilities, championship layout!”
– David Berganio Jr., PGA Tour Player
“Angeles National Golf Club is a great establishment. Good practice facilities and one of the most scenic courses I have played!”
– Philip Pettitt, Web.com Tour Player